Why Should I Floss My Teeth?
August 1, 2018
Here are 5 reasons why flossing is so important:
- Plaque – about 1/3 of plaque on your teeth can only be reached using floss or a floss pick.
- Bad Breath – Food and plaque that gets trapped between your teeth can cause bad breath.
- Pain – Plaque buildup between your teeth can lead to tender, inflamed and bleeding gums.
- Gum Disease – Often times costly treatments for tooth and gum issues can be avoided by flossing regularly.
- Preventative Care – Floss removes plaque from below the gum line, which helps to keep your teeth healthier and happier for years to come.
Your Charlotte family dentist highly recommends flossing twice a day. At times when that is not possible, at least floss before you go to bed to remove bacteria-forming particles from your mouth.