Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Dental crowns can improve the appearance of teeth, as well as strengthen teeth that are weak or damaged. Crowns transform the look of teeth that are unusually shaped or have stains, cracks and other imperfections. They can also restore normal functioning, such as biting and chewing, in weak or damaged teeth that were previously unable to perform such functions. At Park Crossing Dentistry, Dr. Richard Bateman, Dr. Joshua Neubauer and Dr. Emerald Powell are your South Charlotte, NC, dentists for dental crowns and other dental procedures.
How Dental Crowns Help
There are many ways in which dental crowns help your teeth. Cosmetically, they give teeth a whole new look. Functionally, crowns strengthen damaged and weakened teeth and restore normal functioning. There are several other ways crowns help, as well. In South Charlotte, the dentists at Park Crossing Dentistry can explain how dental crowns can address the specific concerns you have. Dental crowns help in the following ways:
- When placed as part of a dental implant, crowns replace missing or extracted teeth.
- Crowns can be used to seal a tooth with a cavity too large to be filled conventionally.
- Crowns strengthen and protect teeth that are weak and worn down.
- Crowns strengthen teeth damaged by decay or injury.
- Crowns restore normal functions, such as biting and chewing, in weak or damaged teeth.
- Crowns conceal cosmetic concerns, such as cracks, chips and discolorations.
- Following a root canal, crowns can be installed to further protect the preserved tooth.
- Crowns can be used to anchor a dental bridge securely in place.
Creation & Installation
Dental crowns can be made from porcelain, ceramic, resin or even porcelain fused to metal. Porcelain crowns are popular because the material looks so much like natural tooth enamel. Once placed, a porcelain crown looks just like a natural tooth. Dental crowns are custom made from a mold of the patient’s teeth. The size, shape and color are perfectly matched to the patient’s mouth and surrounding teeth. A dental cement is used to permanently place the crown so it will not come loose or fall out.
Dental crowns can help your smile in several ways, from improving the appearance of cosmetically imperfect teeth to strengthening weak teeth and restoring normal functioning. To learn more about dental crowns, schedule a consultation with Dr. Bateman, Dr. Neubauer or Dr. Powell, your South Charlotte, NC, dentists, by calling Park Crossing Dentistry at (704) 541-5059.