Posts for: October, 2016
Halloween is a fun time for kids and we think they should really enjoy it! Following a few tips during this time can offset future cavities:
- Let them have (some) candy! But make sure they brush after they indulge!
- Avoid letting your kids eat hard candy such as Jolly Ranchers. Hard candy stays in their mouth longer and lets sugar stay on teeth too long. This destroys enamel.
- Avoid sticky candy such as fruit snacks. Although they seem healthy, fruit snacks are sticky and get lodged into teeth crevices and tend to stay on the enamel too long.
- Avoid sugar sticks. The yummy sugar sticks are bad because they keep sugar on the teeth too long. Again, enamel is broken down causing tooth decay.
- If your child does receive a lot of candy, please give them only a little at a time and preferably after meals so that way they are not eating candy on and off all day. Then make sure they brush and rinse.
83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes.
Park Crossing Dentistry is offering $500 off all new treatment for Invisalign clear braces beginning October 17th through December 30th. Call our office today at 704-541-5059 for more information. Some restrictions may apply.
Our teeth are meant to last a lifetime, and tooth enamel is the hardest part of the body—even harder than your bones! However, enamel is not comprised of living tissues; therefore, if damaged, it cannot be healed. To keep our teeth for a lifetime, we need to take care of them by brushing, flossing and seeing the dentist twice a year.